A Summary of potential benefits of forest school
- The forest school program evolves from the needs of the child and includes the child’s interests.
- Children developed good self esteem in a climate of small achievable steps
- Provides a real context for language
- Provides the practitioner with an alternative view of the child and further insights into a child’s particular development.
- Beneficial to a child’s all round development, particularly in the areas of personal, social and emotional, language and communication.
- Underpins the principles laid down in the foundation stage guidelines.
- Provides opportunities for the children to take risks, problem solve and use thinking skills.
- Complements learning in the classroom and can be transferred.