Ombersley Endowed First School and Pre-School is committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all our children in school.
We believe that pupils have a right to learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment which includes the right to protection from all types of abuse; where staff are vigilant for signs of any pupil in distress and are confident about applying our safeguarding processes to avert and alleviate any such problems.
Safeguarding is about ensuring that everyone is safe from harm – safe from bullying, safe from people who could abuse, safe from discrimination or harassment, making sure that we all feel safe in our environment.
We believe that it is completely unacceptable for a child to experience abuse of any kind. We recognise our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children. We provide staff and volunteers with guidance to follow when they suspect a child may be experiencing abuse or at risk of harm. We work cooperatively with other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. We also ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first - unless we have reason to believe that such a move would have an adverse effect on the child's welfare.
If you are ever concerned about the safety or well-being of someone at our school please talk to one of the school’s Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs)
Our school has been given the opportunity to take part in a national project, which is being run locally in partnership with Worcestershire County Council and West Mercia Police. Operation Encompass is a process whereby the police and county council will inform a member of staff if a child or young person has experienced any domestic incident. This will be done prior to the start of the next school day. Information sharing between professional agencies allows school staff to provide emotional and practical support to their pupils experiencing domestic abuse.
Mrs Caroline Moore
Head Teacher/ DSL
Mr Daniel Postans
Deputy Head/ DDSL
Mrs Anita Pardoe
Mrs Jo Skeys
- A Young Persons Guide to Cyberbullying / Online harrassment
- Childline Call 0800 1111
- Worcestershire Domestic Abuse Service (DAS) & 24hr Help Line 0800 980 3331
- Sexual Assault Referral Centre (The Glade) 0800 953 4133 01886 833555
- Worcestershire Family Front Door Day 01905 822 666 out of hours 01905 768020
- National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) 0800 970 2070
- Worcestershire Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (WRSASC) 01905 724514
- National Stalking Helpline 0808 802 0300
- Karma Nirvana 0800 5999 247
- Paladin (National Stalking Advocacy Service) 020 3866 4107
- Victim Support (Local) Victim Assessment & Referral Centre 01905 726896
- Men's Advice Line 0808 801 0327
- National Rape Crisis Help Line 0808 802 9999
- National LGBT Domestic Abuse Help Line 0300 999 5428
- Domestic Violence Disclosue Scheme (Clare's Law)