Physical Education Funding 2020/21
Vision For Physical Education
At Ombersley Endowed First School, we believe that Health and Well Being is paramount. Physical Education and Sport play a vital role in the physical, emotional and intellectual development of all children. Physical Education and sport is so important in giving children the knowledge, understanding and the tools to make informed choices about healthy living and to have a positive impact on their health and well being.
As part of our vision, we aim to;
- Improve the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- Raise the profile of PE and sport across the whole school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Offer a broader experience of a range of sports and activities to all pupils.
- Increase participation in competitive sport.
- Increase confidence, knowledge and skills of our staff in teaching PE.
PE and Physical Activity at Ombersley
CurriculumWe aim for children in Reception to achieve the Physical Development Early Learning Goal.
In addition to the traditional sports being played at school, we also invite in coaches to deliver their specialist sport, such as Golf and Yoga. These sessions with external coaches also contribute towards staff CPD as they take place during curriculum time.
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The Government provides funding of £150 million per annum to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and will see money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sports funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the extra funding
Schools must spend the funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how to do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
To see details of what the PE and Sport Premium click on the link below.