Government funding is continuing for the year 2014/15 to improve provision of PE and Sport in primary schools.
Objectives for 2014/15
1. To provide quality professional development for teaching staff to enhance their skills, in identified areas. This year the focus will be Swimming for Key Stage 2 teachers and Games for Key Stage 1 teachers.
2. To provide consistent good quality PE teaching throughout school. This will involve the use of quality sports coaches for teaching PE lessons in Key Stage 2, working alongside the class teacher so that both children and teachers can develop their skills even further. Coaches to be used are from Ombersley Tennis Club, Gaudet Luce Golf Club, Kidderminster Harriers, Worcester Warriors and Worcestershire County Cricket Club.
3. To use quality coaches to provide taster sessions for Key Stage 1 children m- Tennis, Golf, Tag Rugby, Cricket.
4. To join with schools in the Droitwich Schools Sports’ Partnership to employ a specialist sports teacher to organise competitions and festivals.
5. To work collaboratively with other schools in the pyramid, local clubs and outside agencies to further develop PE and sport opportunities for all children.
6. To audit and enhance resources ensuring children have access to high quality provision to enable them to develop their physical skills and well being. Playtime equipment to be bought and a new shed in which to keep the equipment. Wall bars to be purchased for the hall.
7. To increase the provision for gifted and talented children, through the use of specialist coaching and inter school sporting competitions.
8. To organise Sport’s activity days to raise the profile of a range of sports.
9. To introduce Yoga sessions to Key Stage 1 children, using a qualified coach, during curriculum time.
10. To provide funding for a coach for After school club once a week.
11. To increase the number of children participating in after school clubs by continuing to provide clubs in popular activities eg Tennis as well as introducing a greater variety of clubs eg. Yoga, Rebound
12. To provide part funding for the residential visit by Year 4 children to the Pioneer Activity Centre.
13. Funding to be provided for PP children to attend after school clubs.
14. Funding for G and T children to attend clubs.